Re: TR6 radio/speaker installation?

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 radio/speaker installation?
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 13:49:26 -0400
Thanks for all the responses on my radio question.

To those of you who expressed concern, be assured I won't butcher the
console!

To summarize, most of the replies recommended finding a modern shaft-style
tuner or placing the radio in the glovebox.  Several also suggested
speakers in boxes that could be velcro'd to the parcel shelf carpeting and
removed for security.

I'm assuming now that newer shaft tuners with 6" centers will fit in the
original opening without modification.  I haven't removed the BL radio yet
to check.

I vaguely remember add-on stereo demodulators being sold in the mid 70's,
meant to be added to the earlier mono FM radios.  I see Classic Car Radio
(the folks that will gut your factory radio and install a modern tuner
inside) have such a thing, but they want a mint.  I wonder how
difficult/expensive it would be to add a PLL stereo demodulator to a mono
radio such as mine?  I'll let the list know what I find out.

Ted Stevens
stevens@erols.com
Gaithersburg, MD  USA