TR6 radio/speaker installation?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 radio/speaker installation?
From: Lex Garey <LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:54:30 -0400
Hello Ted:
Saw your post re TR6 radio.  I am also looking to replace mine in my '74
TR6.  I haven't been able to find one that will fit, except at Custom
Autosound.  They modify Jensens, etc. to fit many older cars.  Their
number is 800-901-0222, I believe.  They can send you a catalog if you
call them.
There were speaker panels originally mounted above the trans. tunnel on
the TR6s with radios, I think. For rear speakers, I was considering getting
speakers in small cabinets which I could just place on the rear parcel
shelf, or on the floor if they were in the way.
I have a retractable (manually) antenna in the left fender, which I bought
several years ago (from Moss?), and it fits and will retract.
I also have the rubber bumper over-riders.
Good luck.      -Lex Garey, Shelby, NC