Re: wiring and OD tranny for TR6

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@hp-canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: wiring and OD tranny for TR6
From: "Van S. Griffin" <van@nucmar.physics.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:58:58 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>      "re-engineered" with lamp cord. The centre of the fire seemed to be
>      coming from a Marrette, and when I took it apart - guess what - one of
>      the lamp cords was copper, and the other was aluminum!
>
>      My personal conclusion: don't do this.
>
>      Jim Wallace
>      miraculously still alive in Canada.>

        Two questions:
        1)  Why the objection to the mixed conductors?

        2)  What is the story on TR6 overdrives.  They seem to be precious
        objects.  What was the ratio (ball park) of OD's to non OD
        TR6's.  I have a '76 that has the overdrive eblem on the back but
        someone has nicked the original unit and replaced it with a non-OD.
                                No sig file, Van