Re: Well, hasn't THIS just become all complicated on me?!?

To: suchak@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Well, hasn't THIS just become all complicated on me?!?
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 01:38:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-09-01 18:40:08 EDT, John writes:
Now I have a problem.

"I bought the "roller".  It's immaculate. Really... Don't I have an
obligation to do it as

                                                                        close
to original as possible?....  I'd really like to do it with a fair amount of
modification, but am I throwing away the real value of the car if I do?
Any opinions on this?.... Do I have some moral imperative to keep it
original?  Would I be subjected to jeers and derision at a Triumph meet
if I modified a *really* clean car?  Would it make any difference if the
car was a composite of excellent parts from several cars that were
generally clapped out, and not a factory cherry car to begin with?..."

John,
Have fun and the heck with the critics. You can always put it back in its
original
shape...It just won't as fast or as much fun to drive, etc, etc. You can
always
buy a museum piece. There are plenty of them around....I know, I have one
sitting
twenty feet from me....I often wonder why us lovers of LBC's are stuck in the

originality syndrome....Good Luck!  Best Regards,  Kirk Yonker