Re: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 23:32:08 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com
Greetings;

I've heard of this problem before. The person I talked to had removed the
rocker feed unit after experiencing increased oil consumption. The TR6 engine
has no valve guide stem seals so it wasn't designed to take a lot of oil in
the rocker gallery. That combined with a little (or a lot) of wear and I can
imagine that oil consumption would increase. I want to add one of these to my
GT6+ but I have enough problem with oiling in the number six cylinder so I am
holding off until the engine is rebuilt. I'm sure that a fresh engine would
benefit from the extra oil.

Greg Wolf
70 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan