Re: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification
From: George Leicht <glite@eos.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 15:56:50 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Shane F. Ingate wrote:

> Scions,
>         WIth all this talk of external oil feeds, could someone
> post instructions on how to fit one of these kits to a TR6?  Does it
> need more tools than a torque wrench?
>         Thanks in advance,
>         Shane Ingate in San Diego
All you need is the finesse of a safe cracker to tighten the banjo bolt
on the head.  When I first installed mine, it just was not tight enough
and leaked "just a little".  Titghtened it "just a little" and snapped
the head of the banjo bolt right off!   Got some replacements from TRF
(they have the bolts in stock, but you have to wait a few weeks) tried
it again and have not had any problems since.  I would suggest that my 6
does not experience oil loss, however, I don't want my LBC to hear ne.

The rest of the installation is straight forward and should take about a
half hour.

george leicht
glite@eos.net