RE: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification

To: "'James Charles Ruwaldt'" <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Subject: RE: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification
From: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 13:56:11 -0400
Cc: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I may be missing something here but I thought the pressure was along the rocker
shaft and oil runs out the hole in the rocker arm and just drips down the valve
onto the valve guide. I don't think there is any pressure feed of oil into/onto
the valve or valve guide. Excessive guide wear allow oil to sucked down the
guide on the intake stroke. The best solution is to replace the valve guides
and keep the external oiler. As an alternative, at least on Spitfire heads, you
will fine the oil passage in the head reduces in diameter and can be drilled
out to the larger diameter without problem, this will also increase the oil
flow to the rocker shaft without the external oiler. I don't know if you can do
the same on a TR6.

Ralph Jannelli
Charlotte, NC
'72 Spitfire MKIV