Re: spit body removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, suchak@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: spit body removal
From: mike@spitfire.stortek.com (Mike Ginter SA)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:17:08 -0600
I might end up doing the same thing myself and would also like to know.

> Hey gang....
>
> I'm going to be removing the body on my Spitfire and am wondering a few
> things before I do.
>
> First, just how heavy is this bugger?  Assuming it's only an empty tub,
> doors and deck lid removed, no windshield or anything.  Can two
> reasonably strong men lift and carry it?

With the exception of the firewall (still thinking about that black truck
bedliner stuff myself, although it does come in colors even if not exact),
most undercoating applied to underside and wheel wells is black and looks
O.K.  I also saw an article in some kinda sport truck mag where they coated
the entire underside, inside and even inside of outer door skins with that
black truck bedliner stuff.  They where doing it to reduce exterior sound
and perhaps enhance audio, but I was thinking about rusty Triumph frames and
tub undersides.  I would also think that this stuff might even add some weight
to a Spitfire?

> Finally, a question of aesthetics..  I'm probably going to paint the car
> red again, and am wondering if I should paint it red inside, out and
> underneath, or would a contrasting color on the underside of the floors,
> wheel-wells and the firewall look cool, say black, or maybe even white?
> The frame will be black.  (Or would it look weird?)  Anybody ever see
> anything like what I'm talking about?
>
> John (Suddenly doing a full frame-up..)

Mike
79 Spit