Re: spit body removal

To: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: spit body removal
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:46:16 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, SUCHAK wrote:

> After thinking ot over I'm just going to go with the exterior color
> everywhere, as stock would've been.  However, I'm confused..  Would the
> actual frame rails ahve been the body color as well?!?!  I thought
> they'd be black, as mine will.

Yes (and no). The body and chassis were routinely completely bolted
together before final painting, hence the body color on most of the
chassis. You might find some black in areas that weren't exposed (parts of
the tops of the main rails, for example).

Of course, some of the earlier prototypes and "works" cars had black or
perhaps other colors of chassis frame, as these were rountinely
disassembled and rebuilt with replacement bodies, chassis, etc.

--Andy