RE: spit body removal

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: spit body removal
From: "Eric C. Rupert" <eric@rpm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:58:18 -0400
On Wednesday, September 10, 1997 1:46 AM, Andrew Mace
[SMTP:amace@unix2.nysed.gov] wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, SUCHAK wrote:
>
> > After thinking ot over I'm just going to go with the exterior color
> > everywhere, as stock would've been.  However, I'm confused..  Would the
> > actual frame rails ahve been the body color as well?!?!  I thought
> > they'd be black, as mine will.
>
> Yes (and no). The body and chassis were routinely completely bolted
> together before final painting, hence the body color on most of the
> chassis. You might find some black in areas that weren't exposed (parts of
> the tops of the main rails, for example).

When I received my car back from an engine rebuild, steam cleaning exposed some
of the original green paint on the frame so I agree with Andy.  Also, the front
of the tub where the brakes/electronics/etc mount was also the factory color
although mine is now black along with the firewall.  I think I would like it
better if it matched the body color.