Silicon Brake Fluid

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Silicon Brake Fluid
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 06:47:11 -0700
Well I'm gonna take the plunge.  I'm going to convert over to Dot 5 Silicon
brake fluid in the GT6 this weekend (girlfriend permitting :-})  The brakes
(besides the master cylinder) are one of the few things I didn't rebuild
during the restoration, and the rear cylinder is not releasing as it
should.  The new rear wheel cylinders are here as well as the rebuild kit
for the front, and the rebuilt master is ready.  After seeing the wrinkled
paint ARRGGGG!!!! (recent thread not applicable although if you really want
that wrinkle look just apply a little Dot 3 or 4) I’m switching.  After
reading all I could about the pro's and con's of Silicon I feel this is the
application it was designed for (occasional use, periods of non use)  I'll
let you all know after the rebuild what the result is -

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )