Re: Silicon Brake Fluid

To: triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Silicon Brake Fluid
From: Jim Bauder <JIMBPPS@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:20:19 -0700
Listers,

I plan on changing my TR3 over to DOT 5 also, have in fact purchased
same.  I rebuilt my front calipers and added new flex lines last year,
my rear wheel cylinders two years ago.  The master cylinders and
clutch slave will be rebuilt next. I plan on flushing the lines and
front calipers with as much "BrakeKleen" spray cleaner as I can afford
to buy (two cans or more!) and blow all of the lines out several times
during the "flushing" process and then let the system air dry for a
while.

Sound like a reasonable plan to everyone?  Comments anyone?

Thanks,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 in boxes
Palo Alto, CA