RE: Silicon Brake Fluid

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Silicon Brake Fluid
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 12 Sep 97 12:12:34
Rich Ceraldi wrote:

>>The best part is
after some spirited driving and you find fluid all around the firewall area
near the master cylinders you just wipe it up and it makes the paint shine
instead of coming off on the rag.<<

Yeah, even with a new brake MC reservoir, I still get spillage
from time to time,  in both my cars.  The culprit seems to be the
top cap and gasket*s inability to completely contain the fluid in the brake
reservoir.
(Never noticed the problem in the clutch MC ...)  Has anyone discovered a better
way to seal the (larger version) brake reservoir plastic cap?

By the way, if you anticipate some *spirited driving,* or a hot day, I have
found
that a piece of rag, tied in a knot around the master cylinder bore, will
absorb a light amount of brake fluid before it reaches your firewall.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6