re: spit engine swap?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: spit engine swap?
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 02:19:03 GMT
Barry Writes:

>When I did my swap many years ago these cars (Spitfires)were (GASP)
>practically worthless.  As with most conversions of this type I never
>thought the car would be 'collectable' and I wasn't into the Triumph thing
>then, I just got tired of getting passed by 72 and 73 Datsun pickups up
>this long hill I had to climb on my way home, but really liked the Spitfire
>body style.  (really, that’s what sent me over the top and I was MUCH
>younger and more impatient (stupid) than I am now [debatable])

Geesh Barry...don't sell yourself short.  Your V6 Spit sounds like one
of the most intelligent and practical conversions yet.  You made the
initial swap and then you continued to update and improve all the
other affected areas of the car until they were in harmony with the
new power plant.  This is no small engineering feat and your patience
showed that you really wanted it to be right.

You sig files proves that you also appreciate the marque in it's
unmodified form so why can't you have it both ways?

Don't listen to that "Mace" guy...he's so used to chasing down us Spit
guys with his killer Mayflower that he sees you as a threat. :-)

Tom O'Malley
'74, 77 Spits LSMFT