RE: ATF in the petrol

To: mlibhart@feist.com, triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: ATF in the petrol
From: Zempel David <Zempel_David@spmm.lmms.lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 09:47:07 -0800
>>Zempel David wrote:
>>
>> I'm thinking a adding a small amount of ATF to my
>> tank and crossing my fingers.  Has anyone done this?  Did it work?  Did it
>> cause any problems?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Dave Zempel
>> '62 TR4 SurreyTop
>> Sunnyvale, CA.
>
>Martin Libhart wrote:
>
>Dave:
>
>Personally, I'm not one for using additives, but.... wouldn't it be better to

>use one of the upper cylinder lubricants that's designed for this and the
>pros/cons are already known?  Like Marvel Mystery Oil or one of the other
>brand names??
>
>Martin Libhart

Could be.  Personally I've only used MMO for loosening up bolts.  The reason
I bring up the use of ATF is that I had forgotten about the usage I mentioned
in my first email until my dad mentioned that someone had suggested it to him
for a similiar problem.  I bring it up because, I would like to know if anyone
else has experiance with this solution.  Thinking back about the ATF bottle in
the trunk, I really wonder what the long term benefits of adding ATF to the
gas was.  Or, was there no benefit.  Or, ....

Dave Zempel.