Re: Basic Positive Ground Question

To: spit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Basic Positive Ground Question
From: lewis mckillop <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 20:22:14 -0800
Trevor Boicey wrote:

> lewis mckillop wrote:
> > Your instructors question is a win-win deal for you. Most of the
> > "civilian" community are tought that current flows from positive to
> > negative....however.....the military teaches negative to positive.
> The
> > differences are hole flow theory (civilians) and electron flow
> theory
> > (military). IMHO the military are on the right track.
>
>   Maybe I picked a bad day to make a comment against the
> military but....
>
>   I don't think the lines of teaching go along civilian
> or military lines. I have a civilian degree in Engineering and
> was taught the "correct" way, the same way that you
> were in the military.
>
>   I think it's more that the military teaches the right
> way, educational institutions teach the right way, and
> people who learn from word of mouth or from grease
> monkey's often get it wrong.
>
>   (it is counter intuitive after all, so if you learned
> from a disreputable source you are more likely to get
> it wrong than right)
>
> --
> Trevor Boicey
> Ottawa, Canada
> tboicey@brit.ca
> http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

   Trevor,
My response was tongue in cheek. I am taking night classes to finish up
my BS and my physics instructor taught "hole flow" but seemed unaware
that the military considers current to flow from pos. to neg. I guess i
assumed (yea, i know i made an ___ of "u" and "me") it was a
civilian/military thing.
Lew