Re: Basic Positive Ground Question

To: lewis mckillop <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: Basic Positive Ground Question
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 22:31:52 -0500
Cc: spit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
lewis mckillop wrote:
> Your instructors question is a win-win deal for you. Most of the
> "civilian" community are tought that current flows from positive to
> negative....however.....the military teaches negative to positive. The
> differences are hole flow theory (civilians) and electron flow theory
> (military). IMHO the military are on the right track.

  Maybe I picked a bad day to make a comment against the
military but....

  I don't think the lines of teaching go along civilian
or military lines. I have a civilian degree in Engineering and
was taught the "correct" way, the same way that you
were in the military.

  I think it's more that the military teaches the right
way, educational institutions teach the right way, and
people who learn from word of mouth or from grease
monkey's often get it wrong.

  (it is counter intuitive after all, so if you learned
from a disreputable source you are more likely to get
it wrong than right)

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada