Re: tr6 steering column

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tr6 steering column
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 13:08:44 -0800
Peter,

I believe the bolts were sheared as some type of theft prevention
technique.

 When rebushing my steering column, I used new bolts from a local hardware
store.  The threads are a common size.  I don't recall if the bolt head had
to be trimmed to fit snugly in the steering lock bracket.  I did't bother
shearing the bolts when reassembling my steering column.

Good luck,

Dave
San Diego
1970 TR6 PI RHD CP51649