Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:27:53 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
John,
Your message caused me to go back and re-investigate what I quoted.  And
you are correct. The 200 HP version of the Buick Special engine does
have 11:1 compression ratio (not 13:1) and develops the 200 HP at 5000
rpm.  Memory, as they say, is the first thing to go (well may not the
first, but one of the first).

Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing