Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM

To: Douglas Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Subject: Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:41:55 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Doug,
I'll concede that fact, as all GM engines were developed (and I guess
continue to be) by the engine group.  After all, that is one of the
benefits of having a multi faceted corporation.  But, Based on the fact
that the engine looks more like other earlier Buick engines than others
in the GM fleet, I'd guess that the design was more Buick in derivation
than other GM models.  Also, the engine has always been "considered" a
Buick product even though it was used in other divisions.  Much as the
350 is a Chevy although highly utilized by other GM divisions.  I'd like
to know if your dad shares that feeling.

Regards,
Joe

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing