Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM

To: Peter.Hore@dhs.vic.gov.au
Subject: Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:07:14 -0800
Cc: owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au, A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, trnelson@umich.edu
Peter,
According to my source material, the engine was designed by Buick
Division of GM in 1961.  It was developed separately to power the
smaller series of cars because the weight of their cast iron V8 (322ci)
first issued in 1953 was far too great for that class of vehicles.

Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing