Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM

To: Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca
Subject: Re: tr8 engine originally made by GM
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 98 09:21:39 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Larry Quirk wrote:
        > Edelbrock makes a "performer" intake manifold that takes a Holley 4
bbl.
        > It fits the TR8 quite nicely with out any hood modifications.

If you grind off the Edelbrock lettering and paint it the same color
as the original manifold, and use the 50-State smog-loegal 600cfm
Performer Holly carb, you should be able to get it through smog.
I'm not sure if there is an EGR valve on the TR8, or how it fits
in, but that should be fairly straightforward.

This, I believe, will be a lot cleaner than Strombergs!

        Shane Ingate in San Diego