Re: TR6: Ford Fiesta Alternator on a TR6

To: DUHART@roadrunner.symbol.com, DUHART@symbol.com, tim@versa.com
Subject: Re: TR6: Ford Fiesta Alternator on a TR6
From: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 08:17:51 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hey All,

 Does $90 for a rebuilt Bosch Alt from a 78-80 Ford Fiesta seem about right.
What have people paid for these things?  Anyone get one from a junkyard?

 On a side not I have attempted to fix the Lucas Alt.  I replaced both the
rectifier and the regulator.  When I turn one ignition key to the ON position
the IGN red light does NOT go on!  I the put back the Origiinal regulator, and
the red IGN glows with the ignition key in the ON positiion.

 The original regulator is the three wire type (black, green yellow).  The new
one is the four wire type (black, green, white, red).  Wired the thing up like
the article on VTR says!

 DAN MATERS WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

 Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Purhaps I have a bad new regulator.

Later,
JHD IV