Re: REBUILD

To: fergie@ntplx.net, fogbros@nb.net
Subject: Re: REBUILD
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 08:58:23 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-10-05 00:13:59 EDT, fergie@ntplx.net writes:

<<  Interesting. Never done one myself, but I've heard from lots of sources
 that the TR4 engine is a real BEAR to rebuild! Other opinions?? >>

Not true... I did one 2 - 3 years ago.  It was my second engine overhaul ever
(the first was a '59 Renault done in '65, which didn't go so well - the
Renault or the overhaul).  The TR4 rebuild went well, it's still running
strong under demanding autocross conditions.  Pretty straightforward and
definitely not brain surgery.

Have fun...
Don Marshall
'57 TR3
'63 TR3B
'63 TR4
'65 TR4A
Three out of four are running and drivable... that's gotta be some kind of
record!!