Re: REBUILD

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: REBUILD
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 17:38:29 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<<  I agree with Don. The TR4 rebuild is pretty basic. The one problem I had
  when I built mine (a VERY long time ago) was getting the rear seal to fit
  without leaking. >>

 Since I didn't realize it was possible to have a TR that didn't leak, I
didn't
 worry about it and, sure enough, mine leaks.  Just like when it came from the
 factory.  Someday in concours they'll deduct points for "insufficient oil on
 (not in) the sump".

 Cheers..
 Don Marshall

I'll have you all know that over the summer I drove my TR3B from Florida to
Pennsylvania (OK via the autotrain!) and back. I rebuilt this motor myself a
few years back. Total of 1,918 miles though and I used one quart of oil.
Now if I could just get the other two cars to behave similarly.........

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4