Re: REBUILD

To: lgmtr6@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Subject: Re: REBUILD
From: bjohnson@mmm.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 00:46:48 +0100
Cc: DLMAssoc@aol.com, fergie@ntplx.net, fogbros@nb.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
TR2-TR4a ers

When I rebuilt my TR4 engine in the UK, I was offered a conversion kit by
Moss which uses a more modern Land Rover rear oil seal.   The crank needed
machining to use this, but after fitting I have found that there is
vitually no oil leak from the rear oil seal. This is in contrast to my TR2
which used the old type of seal, and which left a slick wherever I parked.
When I spoke to Moss's in the UK they also said that the amount of oil
spewed out is in proportion to the pressure in the crankcase. So If you
have a worn engine, then the pressure builds up and makes the leak worse !

Brian Johnson

Internet     bjohnson@mmm.com

1963  TR4   AFP503A / ZTS 733  - CT27216  ex USA - on the road since 1993
1954  TR2   46 BHX        TS554-O   in lots of pieces

Has anyone seen TR4 engine  CT 26894-E  in the USA  ?