Re: TR6: Why, Why, Why???

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6: Why, Why, Why???
From: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 23:55:33 -0500

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca

Trevor, (peeved and bothered)

If I not mistaken, retarding the idle timing is inefficient because it
allows the explosion to overlap the exhaust cycle. This produces extra heat
which raises the temperature of the combustion chamber.

This heat is wasted, which results in more fuel usage, and undue wear on
the engine,  don't have a figure for the exact number of BTU's (forgive
me). Lost heat= lost energy, do you think that might have some effect on
performance? This extra heat burns the harmful NO.

Sorry, I did not think I had to present a thesis. I try to observe the
"performance" of a machine at all phases of its operation. I assumed
everyone already knew the vacuum retard only effects idle performance.

Jack