Wheel Balancing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wheel Balancing
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:03:31 EST
Just a note.  Today I rotated all five 60 spoke wire wheels on the TR4.  Had
them balanced on the car.  Makes quite a difference.  Even though these wheels
had been individually balanced "dynamically" on a balance machine, they were
really screwed up when mounted and driving.

Suggestion -- if you rotate or add new tires/wheels, have them balanced ON THE
CAR.    Of course the spare is "balanced' by machine but when I next rotate
the wheels it will come out of the trunk (boot) and be balanced on the car.
Cost was $40 ($10/wheel); it took about an hour and I had fun telling every
young mechanic what a Triumph is.  :-).  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)