Re: Wheel Balancing

To: ccfarm@tranquility.net, DANMAS@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheel Balancing
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 15:14:44 EST
In a message dated 98-12-12 10:10:26 EST, ccfarm@tranquility.net writes:

> I've been in a lot of tire shops, but I've never seen a device for
>  balancing wheels ON a car.  How is this done?

Simple.  They raise the car a few inches, put a device under the wheel which
spins the wheel up to 50mph or so and then attach balance weights to it until
it is balanced.  Guy at the shop said that many tire guys don't do it because
it takes more time than just using the balancing machine.  That's really a
shame because it is much better.  Try it.  Just call around until you find a
GOOD shop which will do it.
Cheers.

Art Kelly