Re: Wheel Balancing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheel Balancing
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:01:47 EST
In a message dated 98-12-11 18:38:05 EST, DANMAS@aol.com writes:

> Agreed, and if you do, as soon as you get home, make a dot of paint on the
>  hubs or drums in line with the valve stems so you can replace the wheels in
>  the correct alignment if you ever have to take one off for any reason. If
> you
>  take a wheel off and don't put it back as it was, your balancing is down
the
>  tubes for that wheel.

Right, thanks for that.  Makes absolute sense.  I'll do it first thing
tomorrow

>  "On the car" balancing seems to be much more critical for wire wheels than
> for
>  disc wheels. At least that was my experience when I had wires.

Probably has to do with the physics of the wires.  I.e. more flexibility and
movement.  But they sure look good at speed - looks as if the hubs are
floating in the air.  Told you I enjoyed watching the guy balance them.  :-).

Art Kelly

.