Re: Wheel Balancing

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheel Balancing
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:35:01 EST
In a message dated 98-12-11 18:06:58 EST, ArthurK101@aol.com writes:

> Suggestion -- if you rotate or add new tires/wheels, have them balanced ON
> THE
>  CAR.

Art,

Agreed, and if you do, as soon as you get home, make a dot of paint on the
hubs or drums in line with the valve stems so you can replace the wheels in
the correct alignment if you ever have to take one off for any reason. If you
take a wheel off and don't put it back as it was, your balancing is down the
tubes for that wheel.

"On the car" balancing seems to be much more critical for wire wheels than for
disc wheels. At least that was my experience when I had wires.

Dan Masters,
Woodstock, Ga for a few days (spoiling the grandson again!)