Re: Hella H4's

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hella H4's
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:04:14 -0700
jaltman@altlaw.com wrote:

> <snip>  ...I am left with the
> impression that there may be a "right" and "left" to them, but I couldn't
> really discern any difference between the bulbs or the patterns they throw.
> Any thoughts on that one?

AFAIK, the left & right references mean which side of the road -- the
bulbs are either for driving on the right side of the road or the left
side of the road.  In a pair, the bulb for the left headlight would be
the same as for the right headlight -- but both would be designed for a
specific side of the road.

Difference is in the pattern of light thrown off, e.g. low on the left,
high on the right with bulbs for driving on the right (e.g. US).

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A