Re: International drivers license

To: Hugh R McAleer <vitesse@juno.com>
Subject: Re: International drivers license
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:16:23 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hugh R McAleer wrote:

> I got some spam about an International drivers license...anyone else get
> the spam?  I don't usually read it but it caught my attention.  Anyone
> care to comment on the offer of a international drivers license?
>
> Hugh R. McAleer
> Jonesboro, GA

Haven't gotten any spam of this sort, but if the license is being sold,
forget it.  You can get an international drivers license for nothing from
the same government office that provides passports.

I've driven in about 10 countries from Europe to SE asia and have never been
required to have one.  Other than a few places around the world such as
Japan, Australia, South Africa, most of Europe, and a few others, you don't
want to drive anyway.

Paul g. Wiegman
Allison Park, PA
1956 TR3