Re: International drivers license

To: Michael Burdick <burdick@abacus.mc.duke.edu>
Subject: Re: International drivers license
From: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 19:23:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Many countries do not require any other valid license other than the one
issued by your state; however I undestand that Spain does require a IDP
(International Driving Permit).

According to the documentation that I have, this IDP is a result of
United Nations  Convention on International Road Traffic of 1949.

The Permit is published in ten (10) languages and in essence says that I
have a valid drivers license and that I will obey all 'local' traffic
laws or will pay the fines if caught in violation.

cheers,

Frank Underwood
Atlanta GA USA (well sort of...)