Re: TRavails

To: "Joe Donovan" <jdonovan@mediaone.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TRavails
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:48:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Donovan <jdonovan@mediaone.net>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 8:22 PM
Subject: TRavails

This has progressed to

.

> While all this was going on, I drove up from RI to MA on the interstate at
> night in my RAV4 and was passed at very high speed by a red TR-6.   My
heart
> sank as if I had seen my first love in an embrace.   If these cars were
> reliable, they would be worth their weight in gold!
>
> Joe Donovan
> '73 TR-6 "The Beast"

Joe: I had a similar experience in my Tiger. Then car would start and run
fine, then die without warning- the spark at the points would disapear.
Turns out the condensor was bad, even thought it was brand new!
BTW, I put a new set of points and condensor in the TR6 last Sunday. The
local Advance Auto parts had the Sorenson brand items- $11 for the set!
They're American made, and they work just fine. I have the p/n's from the
boxes if anybody wants to try them.
Also, what night do you see the red TR6? Could've been me out enjoying that
fresh tune up!
Paul Burr
Warwick, RI