RE: TRavails

To: "Joe Donovan" <jdonovan@mediaone.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TRavails
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 22:00:23 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Joe,

I saw the suggestion to check/change the condensor... my additional
suggestion is to remove the plate that holds the points and make sure the
weights on the centrifugal advance aren't sticking.  My symptom was the
engine would start immediately, rev fine and die at idle.  And not restart
for 15 minutes-2 days :-(   Once I thought about the problem for 6 months I
figured out what was happening.

Happened to my '73 Spitfire 1500... drove me (figuratively!) to buy a
running Mini!

Cheers,

Jim