Re: TRavails

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRavails
From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 17:23:18 -0700
Joe: I had similar symptoms once on a TR4A years ago. It was the
coil...tip off, the coil felt hot to the touch when it quit. Also, as
Bob says, that little wire (secondary coil wire) will sometimes fray
right at the connector at the distributor letting moisture into the
connection. It will look good, but if you flex it and see copper wire,
replace it. And as Bob notes, it might be fuel starvation, caused by
clogged line, or bad fuel pump. Next time it quits, remove a rubber line
and crank to see if you're getting fuel.  Reliability is a function of
replacing any wear out part before it wears out. You can't replace
everything since you're not doing a complete restoration. As you become
familiar with the car, you will learn the hierarchy of which parts to
replace before they cause to you be dead on the side of the road. Jerry.