RE: What did I do...elec. prob. w/gauges...MORON !!!

To: "'Triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What did I do...elec. prob. w/gauges...MORON !!!
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 20:05:18 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I don't mean to be contrary, but Randall is on the right track.  The meters
operate on bimetal strips.  Therefore, they give different readings at
different ambient temperatures even if what they are measuring is constant.
The voltage stabilizer does not produce a constant voltage, but rather one
that varies inversely to temperature. The Voltage Stabilizer compensates by
using a bimetal strip that moves the voltage opposite the temperature
thereby creating constant readings regardless of temperature.

So its not the voltage that is stabilized, its the meter reading.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L(O)  W4UCK