dashpot oil with a twist?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: dashpot oil with a twist?
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:31:54 -0800charset="Windows-1252"
No, not a twist of lemon.  A twist of Marvel Mystery Oil?  I just checked
the dashpot oil (TR6) and found the front carb low, i.e. without
resistance.  I don't know what's in the dashpots now (purchased car 10
months ago).  Some kind of engine oil.  So whatever I put in the front pot
will mix with some stuff that's already there.  Do I literally need to
change the oil in both dashpots to create absolute consistency?  If so,
how?  Or do I just add some to the pot that needs it?  If so, what do I
add?

Is it normal for the oil to drop to "zero resistance" over a certain period
(I don't know how long it's been this way)?

Also, the recommendations from the TR6 Page (printed below with apologies)
mentions "faster" response vs. "moderate" response.  Why would anyone want
anything but a fast response?  My apologies for so many questions all at
once. . . .

-For light damping (faster response):
 -Marvel Mystery Oil (very good for this application)
 -Automatic Trans Fluid
 -3 in 1 oil
-For moderate damping:
 -20 or 30 w Engine Oil