RE: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3

To: "'Kinderlehrer'" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:53:45 +0200
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob et al

My " new " 1956 TR 3 ( TS 10795 ) has the said topside accessable dip stick
/ filler port . The dip stick obviously makes the measurement of oil levels
easier . :-)

According to the DPO the gearbox should be filled with normal ( 20W30 )
engine oil . Is this correct ? I don't trust the DPO any more ( Discovered a
lot of undisclosed non-original , missing and non-functional items after
buying the TR long distance  . Long story )

Chris de Wet
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa
One TR3 , two Heralds and five Mk1 + Mk2 Spitfires