Re: Canadians - help!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Canadians - help!
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:08:46 -0500
Hi,

Call Yellow Freight.  They should be able to help you.  I have shipped a
number of things with them.

They will need to be firmly fixed to a pallet.

For transmissions, I chain them down to the pallet.  Lag screw the chains
into the heavy timber of the pallet. Wrap the entire package in plastic -
looks like heavy Saran wrap.  You might want to leave the top cover off
because they may want to look inside.

For engines, bolt the engine to the pallet using the bolt holes for the
bellhousing. Again, they may want to look inside for contraband.

You will need to drain the oil from both.

If you know someone that works at a company that uses Yellow Freight and
will allow it to be shipped to that location you can get a significant
savings.  I will be shipping a long block for an old Jeep - about 500 lbs
from Massachusetts to Texas.  He is paying about $118 (68% discount)
because he knows of such a place.

Good luck,

Jay

'71 TR6 project, many parts and hoping to have nice driver soon.

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.