Re: Canadians - help!

To: rdouma@westower.com
Subject: Re: Canadians - help!
From: VK0216@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:31:33 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I recently purchased a TR-6 and brought it from Canada to the U.S.  Reverse
order of what you are doing but went thru an absolute nightmare.  Would
highly recommend that you know specifically what you need before going to
Canada with your engine.  My situation was arriving at the border (prior to
going to canada to get car) and finding out that the plate on the drivers
door that states....This vehicle conforms to Federal Safety
Standards......blablabla....also required a letter from manufacturer
restating the same.  Of course, Triumph Motors doesn't exist and providing
this letter was impossible.  After 5 hours of round and round discussions at
Niagra Falls Customs, I finally got hold of someone in Washington that gave
me a waiver because my 75 TR6 was only 3 months from being 25 years old,
otherwise, I would not have been able to bring it into US.  As I said please
make sure you know exactly what you need.