Re: Canadians - help!

To: VK0216@aol.com
Subject: Re: Canadians - help!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:03:39 -0500 (EST)
Cc: rdouma@westower.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 VK0216@aol.com wrote:

> I recently purchased a TR-6 and brought it from Canada to the U.S.  Reverse
> order of what you are doing...arriving at the border (prior to
> going to canada to get car) and finding out that the plate on the drivers
> door that states....This vehicle conforms to Federal Safety
> Standards......blablabla....also required a letter from manufacturer
> restating the same.  Of course, Triumph Motors doesn't exist and providing
> this letter was impossible....

Last I knew, BMIHT was able to provide such certification stating that
indeed such a car was built for such a market. I think the cost is
comparable to or less than the build certificate. While you can't
necessarily get one instantly, I'd assume it wouldn't take much longer
than it does to get the build certificate (in my experience, that's been
about 7-10 days from the day I sent the fax to them).

--Andy