Re: Gaskets

To: "Bryan Stinocher" <sixpacktr@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Gaskets
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:36:18 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Bryan
Yes gasket paper is different, it is available in a range of thicknesses and
should be readily available I would think, at least it is over here at most
auto factors. Use a hammer or a 1/2" drive socket extension to tap out the
gasket, cut a piece slightly larger than the final size will be, tap the
holes first then place the paper over the cavity using bolts in the holes to
locate it, and tap out the shapes of those then I prefer to put the bits
together with a bit of jointing compound, then cut round the outside with a
knife, I find this reduces the risk of tearing through the thin sections
that are sometimes created.

Graham.