RE: ready to have frame sandblasted (TR3)

To: "'Dan Buettner'" <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ready to have frame sandblasted (TR3)
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:09:50 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"
Dan,
Sounds like you are beyond this, but... when I had my TR-3A frame
sandblasted I left the suspension attached, then disassembled the whole
thing afterwards - clean.  That way, the A-arms, springs, spring pans, etc
all got blasted too - saved me a lot of cleaning time later on. There were
only a few nooks and crannies they didn't get.  The other bonus was that all
the appropriate surfaces were protected during the blasting process.  All
the old rubber was going to be replaced anyway, so it didn't matter that the
gaiters, etc. sustained a minor amount of sand damage.
FWIW, Dennis