Re: freon

To: rbtr3a@flintemc.net, owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: freon
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 15:35:16 EDT
Hello Ronnie,
Mixing 134a and R12 is a bad deal, no competent A/C mechanic will do this.
134a is also incompatible with the seals and the oil used in R12 systems,
you'll get a nasty reaction which will eat up your intire system and ruin the
compressor.  Also if you use 134a, it needs to operate at higher pressures
than R12, creating another problem.  134a when coming in contact with certain
metals, form a very wicked acid, need I say more.  You might want to steer
clear of it for another important reason too, 134a, when exposed to high
temperatures or an open flame (which includes cigarettes), it turns into
Mustard gas.  Imagine the problems that will cause if you have a leak and
someone nearby or in the car is smoking.  If you have an R12 system or wish
to replace 134a, I can steer you to another product.  Yes I sell the
refrigerant too but I would gladly refer you to someone else who sells it as
to remove me from the interest aspect.  There are things we weren't told
about 134a and what I've learned left he very disappointed.

        Michael