Re: Heritage Certificate

To: fogbro1@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heritage Certificate
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:14:56 EST
In a message dated 12/14/2000 5:59:20 PM Mountain Standard Time,
fogbro1@home.com writes:

<< Having just acquired a '60 TR3 with 23k on the clock, I was surprised to
 receive a certificate that was correct in VIN number and engine number, but
 differed in details such as the top color and tires. The car has a white top
 and side curtains and one original Dunlop whitewall tire. The certificate
 says "black top" and "Michelin" tires. I was told that the car's been in
 storage for over 20 years and, judging by the documents in the glovebox,
 have every reason to believe it.

 First thought was that Triumph didn't really have an accurate record of what
 was built, but more probably this car was modified by the dealer prior to
 its sale, possibly at the request of the buyer.

You might also consider that the first top and tires just plain wore out in
the first 20 years of existance!
Bob Paul
Corrales NM