RE: Heritage Certificate

To: "Peter Erfurt" <mail@transwizards.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Heritage Certificate
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:37:35 -0500
Peter,

Welcome to the list.  Your TR3 is wonderful.  Many people would
love to have such a car.

The Portland, Oregon dealer is long gone.  It will be very
difficult, if not impossible, to trace the car. The TRA (Triumph
Register of America www.tra.org )  may be a source if the car was
in fact owned by an owner who belonged to the TRA.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L so to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com

bTR3Aprimrose.jpg

Car has been restored inside-out and appears very nice indeed
(I'm allowed
to say, since I have not done any work on it - and consequently
cannot take
other pride in it than it was MY wallet that suffered in the
end).

I have followed this thread with interest, as I ordered a
Heritage
Certificate approx. 2 weeks ago, and today it arrived.

As you can see from the pict posted, the car is now Primrose
Yellow with
white leather interior. According to the Heritage Certificate it
left the
factory as a Powder Blue chassis withy black leather trim, black
hood, 5.90
whitewall tires, heater and tonneau cover. So somebody has turned
the inside
out on this car during restoration :-)

Now, I need a bit of help from your collective wisdom:

It appears that the car has been shipped and equipped for Noth
American
Export (I also thought so, as the car was a LHD with speedo in
Miles). The
car left the assembly line on Feb. 25 1959 and was despatched on
March 23
1959 to a dealer named "Cal Sales Inc. Portland, USA".

Now, as I inted to try to trace the history of my car - does
ANYONE know, if
Cal Sales Inc. still exists???  If so, could some kind soul try
to find out
their mailing addres for me?  I will then write them and ask for
details of
whom they sold the car to, and start the history from there.
Could be quite
an intersting journey :-)

A funny thing - this car has crossed the Atlantic twice - first
from England
to USA and then from USA to Denmark - would have been easier just
to have
sent it to me in the first place :-)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. The numbers, according to
the
Certificate are as follows:

Car/chassis number:  TS/44927-L
Engine number: TS/45656-E
Body: 1050469

This is a GREAT list - I have been on several Jag lists
previously, where
the activity was rather lower than here, so I really enjoy all
your mails.

Best regards

Peter in Denmark
59 TR3 - eagerly waiting for the spring to come...