Re: vandervell bearings

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, arakelianp@mossmotors.com
Subject: Re: vandervell bearings
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:47:41 -0600
Peter and list members in general,

Has anyone investigated if TRW makes a Clevitte77(sp?) bearing set for
any of the Triumph line of engines? I know they do have some product
support for BMC A and B engines. The Clevitte 77 bearing is a tri-metal
design and is well respected in the American V8 world. I've used them
with great results in all the motors I've built for drag racing in the
past but that was 15-20 years ago. They many have a lower minimum order
or have an existing bearing for a Massey Ferguson TEA20-(80, 85), FE35,
MF35 in the corect sizes.

Doug Hamilton
60 TR3A
Calgary, Alberta