Re: Safety Equipment

Subject: Re: Safety Equipment
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:06:01 -0700
Cc: "TR6 List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I believe the capsule QH reflectors and bulbs that Chris talks about (on
the team.net web site mentioned below) are no longer illegal in most
states.  The US Department of Transportation guidelines have been
updated to allow them, although some states (like California) still
forbid the upgrade.

But, I've run them for many years in both Indiana and California, no
police officer has ever even mentioned them.  (And I've had more than my
share of roadside conversations <g>)

If you keep them properly aimed, even cheap 55/60 H4 bulbs will give you
better lighting than most cars on the road.  They make standard sealed
beams look like old 6 volt Volkswagens.  Several vendors are selling the
complete setup, two 7" reflectors and two 55/60 bulbs, on eBay for under
$60.

NFI, etc.
Randall